Sunday, February 15, 2009

Like a 2 year old?

Today in sacrament meeting Roman was wiggly during the passing of the sacrament. I picked him up and put him in my lap and told him to be still for just a bit longer. He frowned at me and told me I was treating him like a 2 year old. This was pretty dramatic since he is now 6 years old and all! Hmmm..... Apparantly he was embarrassed to sit in my lap in front of his female peers sitting in front of us, who turned around to look at him in my lap.

Roman has his 6th birthday on February 6. The night before we took him to Chuck E. Cheese and Meme and Grandad met us there. On the day of, we went to a Valentine's Party at a friend's house. Some of the kids sang to him, and he got tons of presents earlier that morning. Things were low-key this year. It has been hard to bounce back from Granny's illness and funeral. I couldn't pull off a big party for him.

Chris celebrated 36 on February 8. What an old man! hehehe He is getting silver in his goatee :) He just looks more handsome to me. I continue to look more like a hag as I age. Scary.

Anyway, we're settling back into normal life, whatever that is. Still trying to organize and clean up the house. It is a disaster from the last month!

We got back to doing school work this week. I tend to sit at the dining room table on my laptop working while the kids gather around me at the table to do their work. "Working" for me this week was doing family history, scanning pictures, making to-do lists, and getting my personal life organized. This happened well this week. On Thursdays we're now meeting with two families who live nearby to do history and science. This will be great and will keep us on track.

India has been growing crystals in various ways this week for her science project for next month. Fun stuff.

August did well yesterday - he had two basketball games back to back and scored high for his team in each game. He was invited to play in a competitive tournament this week, and he is excited!

2 comments:

  1. A hag? Hardly. I think you're even prettier than you were years ago. I think it has something to do with the confidence of being a successful mom and wife. It does something for us. By our 30's we've settled in to our lives and know who we are. I'm enjoying my 30's much more than my 20's.

    ReplyDelete