Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas Time

Isn't it funny that when you are an adult, Christmas is such a surprize? It seriously sneaks up on you as an adult. Something to hit you like a bomb, rather than something to antisipate. That's what it was like for me this year. Not that we had a crummy Christmas, because we didn't. It was great. Chris has been home since December 19 and doesn't go back to work until January 5. We have been able to have some quality family time and I have enjoyed having him here to hang out with. My issue was that it was Christmas Eve and I was like, "Oh, crap, we need to send out Christmas cards." and ,"Forget sending any packages to my family for Christmas until next week because they won't even get there in time by this point." and "Really, tomorrow is Christmas??? We haven't even baked cookies for Santa." Yikes. All those little details that are left to the mother. Why was I so out of whack this year????

Our kids had serious overload on Christmas Day. They got way too many presents, which we said we were NOT going to do! They were only supposed to get 3 presents and a Wii altogether and they got way more than that. I don't think they'll run out of things to do for months. I have no idea what they could possibly want for their birthdays this year.

We did have some good Family Nights this month and did lots of things together as a family.

I am content. I feel peace.

I also feel like a loser over not busting my butt to get Christmas packages to my sisters and grandmothers and mom before Christmas, though, because they all came through! Guilt. Next year I'm sending them out in November.

No comments:

Post a Comment