Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Trying this out

So, I'm trying out this blogging stuff. I am so up and coming with the newest online cool stuff to do. I finally joined Facebook 2 months ago - I know, so jr. high - and now I'm blogging. Look at me! I hate technology. Imagine that. I could so go live in the mountains away from civilization without a computer. Really. No TV, either. Can't you see me living off the land? I figured this was a good way to journal, though, since my typing is way more efficient than my terrible chicken scratch handwriting and maybe I'll do it more often than once every 3 months. So, here we go.

Chris has been busy, busy, busy at work. I have been busy, busy, busy trying to deep clean every corner of my house for the holiday season. I like a clean house before Christmas hits. We are hosting the Carlson Family Christmas this year the weekend before the holiday, too. That means we'll have 14 adults and 19+ kids here. It will be fun.

We are trying to keep up with homeschooling, too. Trying to do at least SOMETHING everyday. The holidays get busy for us, though. That is what schooling through the summer is for - to make up for these times we take off during the other parts of the year!

Roman and Canyon have been fighting alot. I mean punching, kicking, beating eachother up fighting. What is with that? What family do they think they belong to? I wonder.... We have had many talks (or lectures) lately about loving brothers, etc. Roman was getting sassy with Canyon the other day and I told him to watch it or I would ground him if he got physical. He responded with, "You have GOT to be kidding me, girl." Girl? He called me "girl". Sigh. He cracked up at my expression. I was shocked, I'm sure. 5 year olds...

So, the fighting matches have calmed down and are becoming less frequent, but for a week there, it was every day. Drove me nuts. They had everything taken away from them that was valuable and dear, so I think that got through to them.

I have a million things to do and all I want to do is start blogging and read Rebecca and watch a good movie. I need some time management skills.

1 comment:

  1. yeah Kristal!!! Welcome to blog land! I'm adding you to my blogroll on mine if that's okay. Watch out...the constant journaling can be additive, but ah...so very theraputic!!

    ReplyDelete