Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Beauty

I was just looking on a friend's blog and at the blogs this dear friend follows. Now, I have some new faves. There are women who create BEAUTIFUL things for their homes and it is really inspiring! I mean, I knit some measly things and take FOREVER to finish projects....or....gasp.....never finish projects that I start. That is shameful. I need to organize my life so I can enjoy creating more beauty for my home.

My dear husband may be getting a raise at work, soon. The amount of the raise to go with his promotion would be more money that I could make if I were to go to work after 14 years and half a degree. Wow. I'm so proud of him and how hard he has worked for this - working himself through school and through his career. I'm grateful for a husband who works hard outside the home, so I don't have to go there. He laughed when we when I was telling him this and said I make it easy for him. HA! Easy in that there is food on the table and clean clothes on his back and a tidy home - well, half of the time, anyway! I love this man.

I have watermelons growing out at our land and I'm psyched! I cannot wait until I get the huge garden I want for next year. I planted some watermelons out at the land 2 months ago using the lasagna garden method. They were organic, native seeds, so I figured they would thrive without much care from me and boy, are they! I'm only out there about once per week to water them and they are very happy growing along the stream flowing out of our spring-fed pond. I have a couple of melons the size of the palm of my hand. Keep growing, little beauties.

I have never grown a large garden, so I'm planning and excited to get to do it next year. We will be living out at the land by then. Right now, the house we lease has a very shaded and sloped yard. Our TX yard was too shady, as well. Our AR house before that was OK - I grew a couple of things, but Roman was very small, then, and I didn't have time or energy to do much. So, I've container gardened for a few years, now, but I'm ready for something on a larger scale.

My in-laws gave us an Aerogarden for our anniversary this year. I have basil, purple basil, chives, thyme, mint, and parsley growing in my laundry room! I have harvested the basil several times. Yesterday it all looked like a jungle, so I harvested and froze all the herbs for later use. Love it.

Well, this afternoon is HISTORY! My favorite subject. We're using Usborne World History, Story of the World, and a Kingfisher World History book that is on it's lovely way.

No comments:

Post a Comment