Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Books

I've been reading Fablehaven by Brandon Mull over the last week. I've gotten through the first 3 books in the series. Excellent fantasy writing for youth. Clean, too. Very creative. Up there with Harry Potter, even.

I started reading The Host by Stephanie Meyer. It is weird. I can't get into it. I'm a few chapters in.

I just want to read something lovely, now.

August is reading Leven Thumps and the Gateway to Foo. I read it a while back. I'm struggling finding things for Canyon to read. All he wants to read is Calvin and Hobbes. India struggles to find things to read because she's read everything! Roman, well..... He doesn't want to learn to read, yet. And that's OK.

2 comments:

  1. If you want something lovely to read, try The Little Prince, by St. Exupery. I have a copy if you want to borrow it, but I'm sure you can find it in the library as well. That would be an interesting thing to do--make a book list based on types of "reads", i.e. Lovely books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep reading the Host! It was hard to get into for me too but once I got a few chapters in I couldn't put it down. I loved it so much! I wish I could erase my brain and read it all over again for the first time. :)

    ReplyDelete