Thursday, January 28, 2010

Bracing Ourselves!

Well, according to the weather guys and gals, we have an ice storm headed our way. We should have identical issues to the ones we had for last year's ice storm, which was almost exactly a year ago to the day.

A year ago my Granny passed away. Almost immediately it started sleeting here. We left after the storm - barely - and headed to TX for the funeral. So, we missed being without power for 4-5 days.

I remember the creaking and moaning of the trees all around our house. The occasional cracking and crashing sound of limbs falling from the trees under the weight of ice would startle us. The kids would run to the windows to see what was falling. I always hoped it wasn't landing on the house. Fun times.

It should start sleeting/icing later this afternoon. All night tonight it should last, and snow/sleet all day tomorrow. It may be worse than last year. Someone said we may possibly get about 10 inches of snow with the ice.

We are hunkering down with our food and supplies and riding it out. I just really hope we don't lose power/heat, but I know we most likely will. At least we won't lose hot water. The hot water heater is gas...We also have propane Coleman stoves to cook on.

So, I'm getting the snow days I wished for last week when I was so incredibly busy running the kids and myself around everywhere! Hopefully we stay warm and cozy, and it doesn't turn to disaster...

Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment