Thursday, January 7, 2010

Little House on the.....Hillside?

If you have kids and they haven't seen the TV series, Little House on the Prairie, go Netflix it, now!

I have a good friend who told me she was Netflixing it and her kids were watching it on Sunday afternoons. My youngest has taken a Little House on the Prairie class at our homeschool co-op and knew all about Ma, Pa, Laura, Mary, and Carrie. I hadn't read it to my younger boys, yet. The older boy and girl had it read to them when they were little. I'm starting to read Little House in the Big Woods to them today.

I checked out the first disk in season 1 before Christmas. My kids were rolling their eyes at first, but once it started, they were mesmerized! All 4 of them! Little House on the Prairie comes on and they can't tear themselves away from the TV. It is such a wholesome show, too! Teaches some great lessons! I remember loving it when I was able to watch it at my Granny's sometimes when I was little. The shows are also educational in that the kids are learning about life during the end of the 1800s - the technology as it advanced, then, what people had to do for a living, and how their lives were on the farm and in town.

So, we are at the end of season 2. My kids ask me if it is coming in the mail whenever we are between Netflix DVDs. They so look forward to them!

We saw that the entire collection was available at Sam's Club for about $150. I think we may make the investment.

My youngest said we live in the Little House on the Hillside...."but not as little as their's", he said.

Here's the really fun part: Little House on the Prairie is coming to the Walton Arts Center stage this week! Melissa Gilbert, who plays Laura in the TV series, is playing Ma in the show. My friend has extra tickets and invited our older three kids to go with their family this weekend. They are psyched! I'm excited for them!

Our youngest gets to enjoy an afternoon as an only child. We are taking him out to lunch and to see the Frog Princess. He is excited, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment