Monday, January 18, 2010

Growing up

Will I ever get used to dropping my older two kids off at the movies with friends or the skating rink or their friends' houses? I'm always telling them, "Make good choices!" and making them take their cell phone.

My older two boys are playing basketball. The younger boy, age 9, is playing up a year and doing well despite the fact that he is the youngest on his team and probably the other teams, too. On Saturday, my older boy's team won 34-14 and my younger boy's team lost 28-22. It was close!

My girl, age 13, can now cook a full meal and follow recipes well. She just got called as the Beehive president in Young Women's. This summer she'll be away from us for a couple of weeks with Girls' Camp and Youth Conference and EFY. After May 1, she'll also be going to dances. She is excited. I'm not old enough for all this...

My oldest boy, age 12, is 1st counselor in his Deacon's quorum, can cook pretty well, and isn't looking forward to dancing with girls! He still has a while, though.

My youngest son is now older than my oldest child was when he was born. Wow. He'll be 7 in a couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment