Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Too much to do

In December, we stayed home more than we went out, which isn't typical for us. For about a week and a half I was sick with a cold/flu thing. None of the kids were sick, miraculously, but I could barely move. Then, Chris was in a car accident (he is OK), and we didn't have my Yukon for a week. By then, it was the week before Christmas. For a couple of days, my husband and I were doing some mad Christmas shopping to catch up for the previous weeks. We finished shopping for groceries and everything by the 23rd, though. On Christmas Eve it started snowing and we stayed put for about 4 days. it melted a bit, and we got out of our driveway for a couple of days. Then, we were hit with snow again.

It was blissful being here at home and not having to go anywhere. Just spending time together as a family and playing was fun and relaxing.

It is all over, now, though. Unless we have another snow or ice storm this winter! Now, we are running around to basketball 3 nights per week and youth and scout activities another night per week. Soon our homeschool co-op will start up on Thursdays. Basketball games start this Saturday. Homeschool group activities on Fridays. Hmmm...... I know my kids are ready to be out and about again, but I'm wishing for more snow days...

Meanwhile I'm trying to get our Cub Scout pack to function without a Cub Master, too. We have a pack meeting in 2 weeks and Blue and Gold Banquet next month. A break from Cub Scouts for 3 weeks was VERY nice throughout Christmas and the snow days.

OK. I'm going to try to have a good attitude and plug along. Try not to over-commit myself for the next 12-13 weeks or so. Yeah...I can do it...I think...maybe...I'm hitting full capasity pretty fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment