Monday, March 15, 2010

All Better

Well, R is all better. Wednesday at 8:30 am was the last time he barfed. Yippee!! He didn't really EAT again - like REALLY EAT - until Friday. Since then, he's eaten non-stop. Yep. I think he will make a full recovery. He's getting his tummy pudge back.

Our weekend was super busy - 4 basketball games and baseball tryouts for one boy. Today we have soccer practice, baseball tryouts for the other boy, and basketball practice for that same boy.

We started The Lists today. I gave them an allotted time and told them to go through their lists.

My youngest roamed around the house, had a fit, threw stuff, and kicked his sister. So, he got to scrub the kitchen floor Cinderella-style. We filled a bucket with warm soapy water and I gave him a rag and he was busy for a good 20 minutes in there in humbling reverie. He is now helping clean out our truck with his brothers. He will have to do some handwriting when he comes back in. Tomorrow we'll try again.

My older two did OK with the lists. My son, C, who is 9, didn't like the list and decided he was going to pick and choose what to do on his list when I wasn't paying attention. Hmmm. He's finding the loopholes...

My oldest boy, A, actually asked me to buy him a spelling book today. Ha. He is started to understand the importance. He hasn't had an official spelling book in about a year, and I let it go. He hated it, and his spelling was naturally improving significantly by him reading more. I noticed this and thought his brain was finally picking it up, so I didn't get him a new book. Sometimes when he is careless, though, or in a hurry, he doesn't take the time to think about what he is doing and he'll have 10 misspelled common words in a paragraph - like there/their. That happened today, and he asked if he could go back to a spelling book to help him remember spelling rules. OKAY. I put in an order right away. Books are on their happy way. He asked for it.

He also just forgets to use punctuation and capitalize sentences. Still. He knows what to do! Just being careless. I think I should start charging him a quarter everytime he slips.

Now, on to finishing chores. Break time is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment