Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Basketball Rock Stars

My two older boys - ages 9 and 12 - played basketball this winter. We are their parents so we think they are pretty great.

Our oldest has had a great season. Tonight was a play-off/tournament game. The winner of the game plays in the championship game this weekend.

It was hilarious thinking about what various parents probably told themselves before the game tonight:

"I will not yell too loudly and embarrass those around me"
"I will not yell at the refs"
"I will not say "crap"
"I will not tell the refs their calls are crap"

Mine was the first one. I did yell, but everyone else yelled, too, so I didn't embarrass anyone!

The score was so close through the entire game. The teams tied in the end and went into overtime. They scored a free throw, and then my son scored a free throw. Then, with 9 seconds left, another one of our team players scored a free throw shot and we WON by 1 point! Every parent leapt into the air and burst into cheers. It was awesome. We were all so relieved none of us had heart attacks.

Way to go team!!!

We gushed over our kids and eachother's kids. They were rock stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment