Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Magic Popsicles

My 7 year old is STILL sick! We are on day 4, now. Hopefully he'll start eating today. He is keeping fluids down.

We are "tricking" his stomach by having him eat some popsicles that I made. Maybe if he licks these, he'll get some fluid without startling his stomach. A friend gave me the idea after I told her on the phone last night that everything he drinks he barfs right back up. I'm concerned about dehydration and do not want him in the hospital with an IV.

The popsicles I made have:

1 cup of red raspberry herbal tea to soothe the tummy
1 cup of gatorade to provide electrolytes
1 tablespoon or so of honey because honey fixes everything
1 tablespoon or so of acidophilus to give him some good bacteria

Another friend gave the acidophilus to my husband at scouts last night. I didn't have any on hand. The pops are in Mickey Mouse shaped ice cubes. We bought those trays and have never used them over the last 5 years. We finally have a use for them!

Here's hoping the popsicles help. I even tasted one and it was yummy.

1 comment:

  1. I hope your 7 year old is better. I am The Park Wife, a homeschool mom too. I just started arkansaswomenbloggers.blogspot.com. Hop over and check us out.

    ReplyDelete